Position title: Assistant Professor
RNA splicing, gene expression, fluorescence microscopy, RNA/protein complexes
- 2214 Biochemical Sciences Building
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2006
- Research Interests
- RNA splicing, gene expression, fluorescence microscopy, RNA/protein complexes, molecular mechanism, gene regulation, yeast genetics and biology
- Research Fields
- Biochemistry, Single-Molecule Biophysics, Yeast Genetics, Chemical Biology, Molecular Biology
My laboratory is interested in how a molecular machine called the spliceosome functions and is regulated during gene expression. In particular, we are interested in how the spliceosome identifies particular locations within introns before they are removed during pre-mRNA splicing. We use a combination of genetic, biochemical, and biophysical approaches to study the spliceosome in vitro and in cells.
Search PubMed for more publications by Aaron Hoskins
1. Larson, J.D., Kirk, M., O’Brien, W., MacKay, J.F., Friedman, L.J., and Hoskins, A.A. Design and construction of a multiwavelength micromirror total internal reflectance fluorescence microscope. Nat Protoc. v9 (2014), 2317-28. PMID: 25188633.
2. Rodgers, M.L., Paulson, J., and Hoskins, A.A. Rapid Isolation and Single molecule Analysis of Ribonucleoproteins from Cell Lysate by SNAP-SiMPull, RNA v21 (2015), 1031-41. PMCID: PMC4408783.
3. Xu, J., Carrocci, T.J., and Hoskins, A.A. † Evolution and Characterization of a benzylguanine-binding RNA aptamer. Chem Commun (Camb), v52 (2016), 549-52. PMID: 26538152. PMCID: In Process.
4. Rodgers, M.L. , Tretbar, S.U., DeHaven, A., Alwan, A.A., Luo, G., Mast, H.M., and Hoskins, A.A. Conformational Dynamics of Stem II of the U2 snRNA. RNA, v22 (2016), 225-36. PMCID: PMC4712673
5. Hoskins, A.A., Rodgers, M.L., Friedman, L.J., Gelles, J., and Moore, M.J. Single Molecule Analysis Reveals Reversible and Irreversible Steps during Spliceosome Activaiton. eLife, (2016), Accepted and In Press. http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.14166