Welcome to the University of Wisconsin-Madison Laboratory of Genetics. The Laboratory of Genetics is comprised of two sister departments that function as one. The Department of Genetics in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences was founded in 1910 and is the oldest genetics department in the country. The Department of Medical Genetics, which recently celebrated its fiftieth anniversary, is housed within the School of Medicine and Public Health. Our mission is to address fundamental problems in genetics as they relate to medicine, agriculture, and basic knowledge of biology.
The Laboratory of Genetics is also home to the Genetics Training Program, with over 80 faculty trainers from diverse departments on campus that together provide graduate students diverse opportunities in modern genetics research. Please visit our pages to find out more about us.
Chair, Laboratory of Genetics
- July 18Summer Genetics PhD Student Colloquium PresentationsAnnette Dean, 3rd year, Taylor Lab & Anthony Bortolazzo, 4th year, Ane Lab3:30 PM, 1111 Genetics-Biotechnology Center Building
- July 25Summer Genetics PhD Student Colloquium PresentationsKhailee Marischuk, 4th year, Boekhoff-Falk Lab & Nicholas Santistevan, 4th year, Wolman Lab3:30 PM, 1111 Genetics-Biotechnology Center Building
- August 1Summer Genetics PhD Student Colloquium PresentationsMegan Frayer, 4th year, Payseur Lab & Jeremy Lange, 4th year, Pool Lab3:30 PM, 1111 Genetics-Biotechnology Center Building
- August 8Summer Genetics PhD Student Colloquium PresentationsMarc Chevrette, 3rd year, Currie Lab & Kati Seitz, 4th year, Krysan Lab3:30 PM, 1111 Genetics-Biotechnology Center Building
- August 15Summer Genetics PhD Student Colloquium PresentationsJoel Serre, 4th year, Hardin Lab & Alex Murphy, 3rd year, Blair Lab3:30 PM, 1111 Genetics-Biotechnology Center Building
- August 22Summer Genetics PhD Student Colloquium PresentationsRyan Zapotocny, 4th year, Bent Lab & Baul Yoon, 4th year, Grinblat Lab3:30 PM, 1111 Genetics-Biotechnology Center Building